Studies in the Literary Imagination (Fall 1997), "The Schoolroom in Modern Irish
Literature and Culture" [Special Issue, ed. Rand Brandes] XXX, 2 (Fall 1997).
[Edited at Department of English, Georgia State University].
- Rand Brandes [ed.,] Introduction [I];
- Seamus Heaney, Further Language ;
- John Rickard, Stephen Dedalus Among School Children: The Schoolroom and the Riddle of Authority in Ulysses ;
- Rand Brandes [interview], A Dialogue with Medbh McGuckian, Winter 1996-1997 ;
- Richard Bizot, Mastering the Colonizers Tongue: Yeats, Joyce, and Their Successors in the Irish Schoolroom ;
- Christopher Connell, Desire in The Classroom: The Lessons of Parnell ;
- Joan Newmann, Those Who Can, Write, and Those Who Can Write, Teach ;
- Margaret Mills Harper , The Authoritative Image: Among School Children and Italian Education Reform 
- Declan Kiberd, English in an Irish Frame .