Joseph McMinn, Select Bibliography of Criticism on John Banville
Joseph McMinn, John Banville: A Critical Study (Dublin: Gill & Macmillan 1991)
- Banville, John, A Talk, Irish University Review, John Banville Special Issue, vol 11, no 1, spring 1981, 13-17.
- Carty, Ciaran, Out of Chaos Comes Order, The Sunday Tribune, 14 September 1986, 18.
- Deane, Seamus, Be Assured I Am Inventing - The Fiction of John Banville, in The Irish Novel in Our Time, edited by P. Rafroidi and M. Harmon, Universite de Lille, 1975, 329-38.
- Donnelly, Brian, The Big House in the Recent Novel, in Studies, 64, 1975, 133-42.
- Imhof, Rudiger, An Interview with John Banville, in Irish University Review, 5-12.
- Imhof, Rudiger, John Banvilles Supreme Fiction, in Irish University Review, 52-86.
- Imhof, Rudiger, John Banville: A Checklist, in Irish University Review, 87-95.
- Imhof, Rudiger, Swans Way: or Goethe, Einstein, Banville: The Eternal Recurrence, in Etudes Irlandaises, vol xii no 2, 1987, 113-29.
- Imhof, Rudiger, German Influences on John Banville and Aidan Higgins, in Literary Interrelations: Ireland, England and the World, edited by H Kosok and W Zach, vol 2, Tubingen, 1987, 335-48.
- Imhof, Rudiger, Q & A with John Banville, in Irish Literary Supplement, spring, 1987, 13.
- Imhof, Rudiger, John Banville: A Critical Introduction, Wolfhound Press, Dublin, 1989.
- Kearney, Richard, John Banville, in Transitions, Wolfhound Press, Dublin, 1987, 91-100.
- Kilroy, Thomas, Teller of Tales, The Times Literary Supplement, 17 March 1972, 301-2.
- Lernout, Geert, Looking for Pure Visions, Graph, first issue, October 1986, 12-16.
- McGonagle, Anthony, The Big House in John Banvilles Fiction, unpublished MA thesis, University of Ulster, Jordanstown, 1989.
- McMinn, Joseph, An Exalted Naming: The Poetical Fiction of John Banville, in The Canadian Journal of Irish Studies, vol xiv, no 1, July 1988, 17-27.
- McMinn, Joseph, Stereotypical Images of Ireland in John Banvilles Fiction, in Eire-lreland, vol xxui, no 3, Fall 1988, 9s102.
- Molloy, Francis, The Search for Truth: The Fiction of John Banville, in Irish University Review, 29-51.
- Outram, Dorinda, Heavenly Bodies and Logical Minds, Graph, 4, spring 1988, 9-11.
- OToole, Fintan, Stepping into the limelight - and the chaos, in The Irish Times, 21 October 1989.
- Sheenan, Ronan, Novelists on the Novel: Interview with John Banville and Francis Stuart, in The Crane Bag, vol 3, no 1, 1979, 408-16.